Expansion online Members Conference
Every year we organize our worldwide Member Conference in the Netherlands. According to our bylaws, the Board of Directors needs to report about for instance our financials and get approval for the way we managed our organisation.
Before the COVID-19 / Corona virus crisis, the usual form was a physical Member Conference. Unfortunately, this does not seem possible to be organized in 2020, partly because our members come from all over the world and, in our opinion, the risks of traveling are too high. This means that we may have to (partially) virtually organize our Member Conference in 2020.
Dutch law has been amended until September 1, 2020, whereby it is permitted to organize an ‘online’ Member Conference without amendment of the bylaws. Our Member Conference is on October 24, 2020 and we are on the safe side and will change our bylaws so that it is possible to organize our Member Conference ‘online’. Amendments to the bylaws are only possible, in accordance with Dutch law, firstly only through a notary and secondly, the members must agree to this.
The formal procedure is as follows:
- The notary draws up a draft of the new bylaws.
- We as an organization must organise an ‘online’ Member Conference before September 1, 2020 whereby our members must agree to the new bylaws. At least 50% of the members must be present.
- If during the ‘online’ Member Conference less than 50% of the members are present, a second ‘online’ Member Conference must be organized after 14 days. It does not matter how many members will be present.
- The bylaws must be approved by at least two thirds of the number present.
- The notary makes the bylaws final.
Since we have members all over the world (such as in Australia but also in California USA) we have to deal with large time differences. The first Member Conference is scheduled for August 5, 2020 at 4 pm (Central European Time). The second on August 19, 2020 at 4 pm (Central European Time).
Agenda Members Meeting
- Opening and explanation 16:00 – 16:05.
- Questions 16:05 – 16:15.
- Vote 16:15 – 16:20.
- Conclusion 16:20 – 16:25.
- Closing 16:25 – 16:30.
Our members receive a personal invitation by e-mail with the agenda. Estimated time is a maximum of 30 minutes.
Do you have questions? These can be submitted up to 72 hours before the conference through the contactform